Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Color Throwdown Challenge

I found this great little blog that has a color challenge.  The blog is called The Color Throwdown and since I enjoy anything that helps spark my creative juice (which flow rarely and slowly), I decided to take the challenge this week.  The colors intrigued me.  Here is the challenge--nice colors:

I tried to stay true to the color scheem which looked to me to be lots of white, then mostly the orange color, a bit of yellow and a pop of magenta and green.  While it's not my very favorite card, it's growing on me from last night when I made it.  I used Raspberry, a color that Close To My Heart retired about 7 years ago (right after I became a consultant) but it's still one of favorite colors fits the bid for the color challenge!


And here is a little better look at the dimensional elements:


Papers:  White Daisy, Raspberry(retired) Cardstocks
Stamps: D1470 Dreams Come True; C1494 Card Word Puzzle; D1436 The Present
Ink:  Sunset, Sunflower, Juniper, Raspberry(retired) Exclusive Inks
Embellishments: z1338 Sunset Mini Medley; z1336 Pearl Adhesive Gems; z1701Neutral Assortment Baker's Twine
 
I do love these colors!  They just look so cheery and I think this makes the perfect get well card. 

Live Simply, Stamp Generously!

No comments: